Baby Chef is a program designed to educate mother & baby on a healthy beginning which will walk through the baby’s nutrition stages.
The intent of Baby Chef is to provide education to parents on the introduction of solid foods.
When is the right time to start solids?
- 6 months of age
- What foods to introduce first
- How to prepare and store baby foods
- How much and how often to give solid foods
- How to create a positive healthy environment for your family
The Program Goal is:
- Prepare healthy foods for baby/toddler
- Promote healthy eating for baby/toddler
- Bond with baby
- Reduce risk of diabetes
- Create a healthy environment for the family
Program Activities Include:
- Food Demos
- Baby/Toddler Nutrition Education
- MyPlate Activities
- Program Events
- Nutrition Games
- Nutritional Supplies Provided
Classes will cover a number of topics, in addition to the classes, we hope to provide nutritional information that can be beneficial for mom & baby. Curriculum Topics include
- When do I introduce solids?
- Cues to Introduce solids
- Sequence of First Foods
- Why wait to introduce solids?
- How to store and thaw solids
- How to prepare puree baby foods
- Storage of puree baby foods
- Portion sizes
- How to feed your baby
- Juice recommendations
- Introducing solids to your 6 to 8 month old infant
- Month old infant
- Introducing solids to your 8 to 10 month old infant
- Introducing solids to your 10 to 12 month old infant
If you are interested in the Baby Chef Program or know a family member or friend with a baby that may be interested in the program, please call our office for class dates and location.