Elder Fall Prevention
PROGRAM GOAL 2: ELDER FALL PREVENTION
To decrease fall-related injuries in the Gila River Indian Community.
The Injury Prevention Program is working to address the high rate of elder falls in the community. There are several factors that can contribute to a fall; our program offers strategies and safety tools that may assist in lowering the risk of falls. These include:
- Alert One Device - Features a home safety device with pendant or bracelet that can be worn around the neck or wrist at home. In an emergency, the button on the device can be pushed to contact 911.
- Home Safety Assessment - We provide grab bars, ADA approved bath strips, double sided tape and night lights for safety modifications.
- Matter of Balance - Exercise Program
- Community Education-Community Presentations
ELDER FALLS PROGRAM ELIGIBILITIY:
- Must be 55 years or older
- Must live alone
- Have chronic health conditions and;
- At-risk for falls